Natural gas shortage for importers : Indian importers are finding it tough to import natural gas from international markets, as per media reports. This comes amidst a rising demand by Europe. Countries in Europe are bidding up the prices and importing natural gas to store it in advance for the upcoming winters when the usage of natural gas will be higher.
Auto sales report: July
• Tata Motors : Total sales stood at 81,790 vehicles, compared to 54,119 units during July 2021. Domestic sales rose 52% to 78,978 vehicles.
• Maruti Suzuki : Maruti Suzuki clocked total sales of 175,916 units in July 2022. The company had sold 162,462 vehicles in July 2021.
• Mahindra & Mahindra : Sold 56,148 vehicles during the month -31% year on year rise. SUV sales rose by 34% to 27854 units.
• Ashok Leyland : Sold 12,715 units – a 56% year on year growth.
• Eicher Motors : Sales stood at 5,982 vehicles – 40% year on year rise.
ITC : Net profit increased by 33.97% to Rs 4389.76 crores as compared to last years at Rs 3,276.48 crores
NMDC : NMDC recorded monthly production of iron ore at 2.05 million tonnes in July 2022, declining from 3.06 million tonnes in July 2021. Sales dropped to 2.95 million tonnes from 3.29 million tonnes during the same period.
Zomato : Revenue from operations increased by 67.44% Y-o-Y to Rs 1,413.9 cr. • Net loss decreased by 47.8% to Rs 185.7 cr. In other news, Zomato: will form a parent organisation called Eternal. Zomato’s 4 companies – Blinkit, Hyperpure, Feeding India, and Zomato will now be a part of the larger organisation Eternal.
Pfizer : The company has received Rs 180.48 crore from Mylan after transferring its Upjohn business.
UPL : Net profit jumped 29% to Rs 877 cr for the April-June quarter. ⚫️ Revenues grew 27% to Rs 10,821 cr.