RESEARCH REPORT ON PORTFOLIO OF RAKESH JHUNJHUNWALA
The death of Indian billionaire Rakesh Jhunjhunwala puts a spotlight on the nearly $4 billion worth of stocks held by the famed investor, whose trades were closely followed.
The man known as India’s Warren Buffett died of a reported cardiac arrest Sunday at the age of 62. The self-made trader invested in a wide swathe of established businesses and startups, and served on the boards of several Indian firms.
Jhunjhunwala was among the most influential market voices in Asia’s third-biggest economy, with an intense following among the nation’s growing horde of retail investors. The man also known as “Big Bull” was a fierce backer of the India growth story. His investing success earned him a cult-like following, with news of his trades occasionally sparking stocks to move by their daily limits. Their top holdings by market value includes following stocks:
Titan Company Limited is an Indian products company that mainly manufactures fashion accessories such as jewellery, watches and eyewear. Part of the Tata Group and started as a joint venture with the Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (TIDCO), the company has its corporate headquarters in Electronic City, Bangalore, and registered office in Hosur, Tamil Nadu.
Titan company commenced operations in 1984 under the name Titan Watches Limited. In 1994, Titan diversified into jewellery with Tanishq and subsequently into eyewear with Titan Eyeplus. In 2005, it launched its youth fashion accessories brand Fastrack. The company is the largest branded jewellery maker in India, with more than 80% of its total revenues coming from the jewellery segment. As of 2022, Titan has a 6% market share in India’s jewellery market. As of 2019, it is also the fifth-largest watch manufacturer in the world. It is most trusted Indian Brand.
For the quarter ended 30-06-2022, the company has reported a Consolidated Total Income of Rs 9,487.00 Crore, up 20.52 % from last quarter Total Income of Rs 7,872.00 Crore and up 169.59 % from last year same quarter Total Income of Rs 3,519.00 Crore. Company has reported net profit after tax of Rs 790.00 Crore in latest quarter.
• BUY TITAN BETWEEN 2395-2410, TARGET 2550, STOP LOSS 2305
• Rakesh Radheshyam Jhunjhunwala (3.98 per cent) and Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala (1.07 per cent) collectively held 5.05 per cent stake in Titan Company at the end of March 2022 quarter, the shareholding pattern data shows.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd is an Indian multinational health insurance company headquartered in Tamil Nadu, Chennai. The company provides services in health, personal accident and overseas travel insurance, directly as well as through various channels like agents, brokers and online. Star Health is also prominently into bancassurance having long standing relationship with various banks.
• BUY STAR HEALTH AT 700,TARGET 760, STOP LOSS 660
• Ace investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala is a promoter of Star Health. He (14.40 per cent) and his wife Rekha Jhunjhunwala (3.11 per cent) collectively held 17.51 per cent stake in the insurer as of the March 2022 quarter, shareholding pattern data shows.
Metro Brands, previously known as Metro Shoes, is multi-brand footwear retail chain in India. Metro Brands operates from a network of 598 Metro showrooms at 136 cities in India.
Metro Brands started with one location on Grant Road in Mumbai in 1955. The company was incorporated in January 1977 as Metro Shoes.
In 2013, the company announced that it was able to expand the number of its retails stores due to low rental rates, particularly in tier II cities.
In December 2021, the company launched its ₹1,367.5 crore (US$170 million) initial public offering (IPO).
• BUY METRO BRANDS AT 795, TARGET 868,920, STOP LOSS 722
• According to Metro Brands shareholding pattern for January to March 2022 period, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala has invested in this newly listed footwear stock through his wife Rekha Jhunjhunwala. Rekha Jhunjhunwala holds 3,91,53,600 Metro Brands shares, which is 14.43 per cent of total paid-up capital of the company.
Tata Motors Ltd., incorporated in the year 1945, is a Large Cap company (having a market cap of Rs 161,197.08 Crore) operating in Auto sector.
Tata Motors Ltd. key Products/Revenue Segments include Motor Vehicles, Spare Parts & Others, Miscellaneous Goods, Sale of services and Other Operating Revenue for the year ending 31-Mar-2022.
For the quarter ended 30-06-2022, the company has reported a Consolidated Total Income of Rs 72,822.02 Crore, down 8.22 % from last quarter Total Income of Rs 79,341.61 Crore and up 8.71 % from last year same quarter Total Income of Rs 66,988.05 Crore. Company has reported net profit after tax of Rs -4,987.01 Crore in latest quarter.
The company’s top management includes Mr.Ratan N Tata, Ms.Vedika Bhandarkar, Ms.Hanne Sorensen, Mr.Om Prakash Bhatt, Mr.Kosaraju V Chowdary, Mr.Thierry Bollor�, Mr.Al-Noor Ramji, Mr.Guenter Butschek, Mr.N Chandrasekaran, Mr.Girish Wagh. Company has BSR & Co. LLP as its auditors. As on 30-06-2022, the company has a total of 332.09 Crore shares outstanding.
• BUY TATA MOTORS AT 450, TARGET 485,520, STOP LOSS
• According to the data available on the BSE, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala has 1.09% stake or 3,62,50,000 shares in Tata Motors as of June 2022, which is down from 1.18% stake he held in the previous quarter of March 2022.
CRISIL (formerly Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited) is an Indian analytical company providing ratings, research, and risk and policy advisory services and is a subsidiary of American company S&P Global.
CRISIL, was the first credit rating agency in India, introduced in 1988 by the ICICI and UTI jointly with share capital coming from SBI, LIC and United India Insurance Company. In April 2005, US based credit rating agency S&P acquired the majority shares of company.
As of December 2020, the company has revenue of ₹20,763 million (US$260 million), net income of ₹3,547 million (US$44 million). Crisil is also India’s largest ratings company and as of March 2022, has market cap of ₹23,429 crore rupees.
• BUY CRISIL AT 3300, TARGET 3560,3715, STOP LOSS 3175
Fortis Healthcare Limited (FHL) is an Indian multinational chain of private hospitals headquartered in India. Fortis started its health care operations from Mohali, Punjab, where the first Fortis hospital was started. Later on, the hospital chain purchased the healthcare branch of Escorts group and increased its strength in various parts of the country. The Escorts Heart and research Center, Okhla, Delhi became a major operating unit of the chain. Dr. Tehran, the current MD of Medanta and several others have started their career from this institute.
The Fortis Memorial research Institute (FMRI) hospital at Gurgaon is the headquarter and flagship hospital of Fortis healthcare with all the major facilities at the hospital. It was named as 23rd smart hospital in the world for the year 2021. FMRI was also named as 22nd best hospital in the country for the year 2022 by Newsweek.
• BUY FORTIS HEALTHCARE AT 290, TARGET 310, STOPLOSS 272
• As per Fortis Healthcare shareholding pattern for July to September 2021 quarter, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala holds 3,19,50,000 shares or 4.23 per cent stake in the company.