ITC is one of India`s foremost private sector companies with a market capitalisation of US $ 45 billion and a turnover of US $ 7 billion. ITC ranks among India`s 10 Most Valuable (Company) Brands, in a study conducted by Brand Finance and published by the Economic Times. ITC also ranks among Asia`s 50 best performing companies compiled by Business Week. ITC has a diversified presence in FMCG, Hotels, Paperboards & Specialty Papers, Packaging, Agri-Business, and Information Technology. While ITC is an outstanding market leader in its traditional businesses of Cigarettes, Hotels, Paperboards, Packaging and Agri-Exports, it is rapidly gaining market share even in its nascent businesses of Packaged Foods & Confectionery, Branded Apparel, Personal Care and Stationery. The company has 13 businesses in 5 segments. It exports its products in 90 countries. Its products are available in 6 million retail outlets.
Details of business activities
• Shares of ITC hit an over two-year high of Rs 293, gaining 3 per cent on the BSE in Monday’s intra-day trade, on expectation of strong earnings growth. The stock of the diversified fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) company was trading at its highest level since May 2019, and has surged 7 per cent in past two trading days.
• Moreover, in the past six trading days, it has soared 10 per cent, as compared to 0.69 per cent rise in the S&P BSE Sensex.
• ITC is the best performing stock among the S&P BSE Sensex and Nifty50 index, surging 33 per cent in the past six months, as against 11 per cent fall recorded by the benchmark indices during the period.
• Buy ITC at 275, Target price 320, Stop loss 248
• Stock was in bullish trend and it was trading near to higher levels, indicators like RSI & MACD were showing positive diversion daily chart & short term exponential moving averages like 34 & 55 period & also 200 period EMA were crossing positively on daily chart. Hence, we recommend buy signal.